Thursday, April 28, 2011

Basket ball

The game begins after the tip off, I am absolutely focused and determined to win this game; the butterflies within my body have disappeared. Ten minutes into the game, my body was already feeling the pain, but I did not cared, I waited too long for this moment. I feel as though I am giving one hundred and ten percent in playing this game but my team is still down 20-26. Our opponents surpassed our expectation; they are a strong team, much more potent than any of the teams that we have challenged. Just by starring into their big brown eyes, I can tell that they are just as determined as our team to win this game. It is not a surprise that this team made it to the final because they definitely carry strong players. Nonetheless, only one team is going home with the trophy and the bragging right ostentatiously. Thus, I'm playing with all my might; I am not giving up without a fight.

I have been playing basketball ever since I was seven years old but this is the first time that my team has made it to the finals. Twelve years later, I get to this dream, and I'm enjoying every moment of it. Over and over again, I repeated to myself "Just one more game to go, just one more game to go!" This final game took place inside a local recreation center; where the bleachers were full of parents and friends crowded in a massive gym, a basketball court as big as the NBA’s. While putting on my uniform, I reminded myself that this is the last organized basketball game that I will ever play. Next year, basketball will have to take a backseat because I will be occupied with work and getting use to the transition from high school to college. Within the locker room, I could hear the loud music being played by the deejay and I am constantly reminded of walking into a high school gym dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment